Premier Magnetics services the defense, aerospace, automation, communications, power, medical, and government industries, among others. Our data bus transformers are built for optimum performance in the most demanding of these applications. Each data bus transformer is designed specifically to meet the MIL-STD-1553 and MIL-PERF-21028 requirements. Our low profile single and dual data bus transformers are designed and built to last.
A brief listing of real-world Data Bus application systems where Premier Magnetics parts are found includes:
- Actuation and Instrumentation
- Air Traffic Control
- Coupling Transformers – Used in transformer-coupled MIL-STD-1553 applications. A ratio of 1:1.4 is required for use with our Data Bus Isolation Transformers.
- Fly-By Wire Flight Control
- Isolation Transformers – Used in direct-coupled or transformer-coupled MIL-STD-1553 applications.
- JDAM Guided / Smart Munitions
- MIL-STD-1553 Interfaces
- Propulsion Control
- Sensor Interfaces
- Stores Management
Our data bus transformers are used in a wide variety of real world applications:
- Coupling Transformers – Used in transformer coupled MIL-STD-1553 applications. A ratio of 1:1.4 is required for use with our Data Bus Isolation Transformers.
- Isolation Transformers – Used in direct coupled or transformer coupled MIL-STD-1553 applications.
To ensure quality performance, our data bus transformers all meet the following specifications:
- Compliant to MIL-STD1553A/B
- Common-mode rejection (CMR) rate of greater than 45dB
- Droop of less than 20%
- High Input Impedance (3,000Ohm to 7,200Ohm)
- Impedance Test Frequencies from 75KHz to 1MHz
- ±1 V maximum overshoot and ringing
- 2 µs Pulse width
- Conforms to MSL (Moisture Sensitivity Level) 3